The Dialogic BUZZ™ Unified Communications platform is a carrier-class solution that enables service providers to bring tailored offerings to the SMB market. Seamlessly combining the best in WebRTC and SIP, Dialogic BUZZ provides cross-device, cross-platform, and cross-network compatibility that translates into a unique converged architecture, making it easy to upgrade PBX customers to a unified communication and collaboration platform while still maintaining compatibility with their existing physical phones.
Dialogic BUZZ allows users to perform the following functions:
- Instant messaging and collaboration
- Audio and video conferencing
- Access from mobile, desktop, and web clients
- iOS and Android support
- Desktop clients running Windows or Mac OS
- Access through any WebRTC-supporting browser
The Figure 1 provides an exemplary overview of a Dialogic BUZZ architecture.
Dialogic BUZZ comprises the following components:
- Dialogic BUZZ Application Server – responsible for managing provisioning and call flow logic
- Dialogic® PowerVille® Load Balancer – provides a primary entry point for many of the call control protocols
- RTC Services – manages the real time communication services
- Dialogic® PowerMedia® XMS Media Server – provides real-time media processing for tasks such as play, record, and conferencing
- Dialogic® PowerMedia® Media Resource Broker (MRB) – provides call load balancing for calls that require PowerMedia XMS
- Instant Messaging Server – manages and maintains messaging information
- Dialogic® BorderNet™ SBC – session border controller for managing SIP call control
Figure 1 is provided for illustrative purposes. When Dialogic BUZZ is installed at a customer location, Dialogic’s Professional Services team will work with the customer on network planning/architecture. The network planning considers network connectivity issues, network security, and any network configuration that may need to be changed.
The table below provides an overview of functionality and encryption used for Dialogic BUZZ.
|Peer-to-peer calls– calls made between Dialogic BUZZ clients
||Dialogic BUZZ provides end-to-end encryption of RTP packets between clients
|Screenshare– ability for users in a Dialogic BUZZ conference to share their screens for other users to see
||Dialogic BUZZ provides encryption of shared screens during conferences
|Audio and video conferences– ability for Dialogic BUZZ users to establish audio-only, video-only, and mixed-conferencing sessions
||Dialogic BUZZ provides encryption of audio and video streams
|Mobile SIP calls– calls established via SIP
||Dialogic BUZZ can be configured to use SIP RTP and TLS
Note: The standard configuration is not setup by default to use this
|Instant messaging– text messages sent between Dialogic BUZZ users from various clients
||Instant messages are encrypted from user to user. Messages are stored in a database and are not encrypted in Dialogic BUZZ 1.x
Dialogic BUZZ uses the state-of-the-art SSL technologies and its web portals are provided using HTTPS, which encrypts all the information and prevents attacks such as Man-in-theMiddle and hijacking of sensitive information while it is being transmited. The portals have passed encryption certification as per industry standards and also provide a brute force attack prevention mechanism, automatically blocking any IP address and user that have provided an incorrect password multiple times.