Sales Engineer, APAC
Either Hong Kong, Singapore or Malaysia.
VP, APAC Sales
This position will provide prospecting, technical sales, and support in both service provider accounts and independent software developer across the APAC region and with focus on South East Asia, in order to act as part of the sales team to close new business and maintain and grow existing accounts. The role will involve the design of network infrastructures as well as working with developers to provide support as they design Dialogic platforms into their solutions.
The successful candidate will join a small team that forms a vital component of a Global company providing leading edge telecommunications solutions to customers ranging from small Enterprises to large Service Providers.
The location of the position is dependent on the successful candidate.
- Establish relationships with CTO, network head and/or product marketing heads or equivalents at customer and prospect organizations, and leverage that to design in Dialogic software product, applications, and solution into customer networks and services.
- Act as the liaison between Dialogic (Sales Engineering, Customer Service, Engineering) and equivalent customer and partner organizations regarding technical resolution to architecture, installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Dialogic products and solutions.
Work with CTO and their departments in large operators throughout the region to get technical acceptance of Dialogic product
Assist in technical management of new business projects from conceptual stages, through pre-sales, sales, trials and training, and working with the sales account team during contract negotiations to ensure the technical feasibility and proper support internally from the company.
- Perform technical presentations for customers and prospects.
- Assist development of RFP/RFI/RFQ technical responses.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities, including identifying prospects and creating technical engagement plans, and product quotations for same.
Document customer requirements to manage customer and internal expectations.
Educate the customer on new technologies.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services within the above markets.
- Document all activity in salesforce & other related systems, as appropriate.
Support Sales team members in achieving short and long term revenue goals
Understanding customer needs and expectations and providing consultative responses to those needs
- Frequent travel in the region is required for meeting with customers, presentation/demos, trails/PoC’s,
Education and Experience:
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Math, or Science OR equivalent experience
Seven years or more of highly technical solution sales, preferably of telecommunications equipment, software, or services to service providers.
The ability to communicate, both written and verbally, technically advanced subjects with customers on all levels, from middle and senior management to programmers and operations personnel
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action
- English proficiency - fluent speaking and writing ability
- Experience creating and presenting technical product overviews
Experience dealing with customers, analyzing requirements and negotiating solutions
Experience with managing trials? PoC, and pilot evaluations and implementing & troubleshooting software and hardware solutions
- Understanding of major software and hardware product issues (performance, scalability, automation, application integration)
Strong technical skills in IP and TDM network architectures
- Strong knowledge of switching & IMS/VoLTE architecture
- Strong knowledge of VoIP protocols
- Strong knowledge of Video protocols
- Strong knowledge of SS7 signaling protocols
- Knowledge of 3G/4G/LTE network – understand evolution to 5G cloud/virtualized networks
- Strong knowledge of media processing software and applications
Strong knowledge of IP networking issues such as security, quality of service, bandwidth management, etc
Knowledge of value added services & applications (Voicemail, IVR, Conferencing, Unified Applications),
- Experience working on RFPs, RFQs, RFIs
Beneficial to have:
- Experience with Dialogic Products & solutions
- Vendor solution experience & Knowledge such as GenBand/Sonus(Ribbon), Radisys. ACME, Nokia/Siemens, Alcatel/Lucent, Huawei, Ericsson, Mavenir, Metaswitch
- Application programming experience with proprietary and standards-based APIs, including web services, MSML, CCxML, micro-services/WebScale, Mobile application development
- Experience or knowledge in new areas such as IoT, AI/Chatbot, cloud applications & orchestration platforms
- Other local / regional languages would be beneficial but not required
Qualified candidates, please Apply Here with resumes including salary requirements and availability.
Supported browser information